Induction cooktops are designed for rapid heating, thermal efficiency and consistency. They produce hot vapours that condense when in contact with cold metal surfaces of the rangehood.
It is important to understand that when such condensation happens - neither the cooktop nor the rangehood are faulty. There are many variables that can lead to condensation issues, including:
- Ambient temperature being lower than that ofcooking steam
- Shock of steam on contact with cold surfaces
- Induction cooktops operated on maximum power fromstart
- Rangehood installed closer (than it should be)to the induction cooktop
- Rangehood operating at improper extractionspeeds
- Improper rangehood maintenance (clogged filtersor ducting)
To avoid excessive condensation forming on a rangehood, Schweigen recommends that you:
- Pick the right rangehood size in relation to the cooktop. Rangehoods should ideally be larger than the cooking zone underneath to ensure optimal capture efficiency;
- Have the rangehood installed by a qualified professional, following the instructions in the manual for recommended distances between the bottom of the rangehood and the induction cooktop surface;
- Install high performance safety ducting to ensure optimal airflow (take a look at Schweigen SteelFlex™);
- Start up the rangehood 5-10 minutes before you cook to get the airflow circulating;
- Start cooking on low to medium heat so the rangehood has time to warm up;
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes finishing to clear any remaining vapours (use the handy auto-shutoff function if you have one);
- Toggle to the right extraction speed that captures both fumes and steam (use a lower speed when boiling);
- Clean the filters regularly so airflow is unimpeded (refer to our handy filter cleaning guide);
- Replace deteriorated filters (Schweigen’s dishwasher-safe filters/baffles are guaranteed for life); and
- Ensure that there is continuous flow of fresh air into the kitchen (crack a window if need)
These handy tips should help keep humidity at bay, and the quality of air in the kitchen fresher and healthier for longer.
How best to use a Schweigen rangehood with induction cooking?
Discover simple tips to help you get the most out of a Schweigen rangehood, especially with induction cooking.